Beside Still Waters Log Cabin Retreat – Your Private Getaway Oasis
Are you looking for an off-the-grid lakeside retreat? The Beside Still Waters Log Cabin Retreat is a rustic yet classic retreat designed especially for you – or anyone who wants to escape the hustle and bustle of life. It’s the perfect retreat for fishermen, book readers, bird watchers, front porch conversationalists and recovering adrenaline addicts.
We can all use a break sometimes… Whether you’re a family looking for a quiet and relaxing time to reconnect with nature, or a honeymoon couple looking for relaxing solitude, or an old married couple wanting to enjoy each other’s company in peace and quiet, this is the place for you. Discover our cozy cabin surrounded by nature, but with all the modern comforts. Let yourself enjoy this wonderful atmosphere of peace, rest and renewal. A quaint retreat… You’ll find a one-of-a-kind spacious log cabin on a quiet lake you’ll have all to yourself. Close to home in miles, yet a world away on the escape meter, this historic log cabin is will become an oasis of relaxation for you and your family. Amenities:
- 1850’s Tulip Poplar log cabin fully restored and modernized.
- Two full bedrooms – one is a private bedroom with king bed and the other is a lofted bedroom with double bed.
- Full living room
- Fully equipped kitchen to prepare your own meals
- Modern bath with tub and shower
- Gas fireplace
- Shaded front porch for daydreaming the day away
- Cabin overlooks an eight-acre pond
- Full use of pond for swimming, fishing, ice skating and kayaking (kayak and life jackets provided)
- Groomed trails for hiking and cross-country skiing
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- No TV, Internet or Telephone – Just a quiet place to relax, reconnect and unplug
Log Cabin History
Our log cabin was originally built in the 1850’s as a home for an Indian Agent. The Indian Agent was responsible for organizing the relocation of American Indians to new homes in the West. The cabin was moved to its current location in 1994 from Maysville Road close to the Hartman Turkey Farm, where it stood for many years. A one-of-a-kind log cabin with a unique history! Call 260-238-4040 today for more information or to book your stay.